Beckenham has a lot to offer people of all ages. The parks of Beckenham are some of the best parks around London. Boasting 6 parks within walking distance, you can easily go to a different park each week.
Here is our list of the best parks Beckenham has to offer:
- Beckenham Place Park
- Kelsey Park
- Harvington Woods (Eden Park)
- Croydon Road Recreation Ground
- Cator Park
- Crease Park
- Beckenham Green
Kelsey Park in Beckenham
Kelsey Park is one of my favourite parks, ever! It has such a peaceful and relaxing vibe and offers tons of fun for all ages. One thing to note is that biking is not permitted in the park.
- street parking around perimeter of park
- water elements create a zen atmosphere
- large flat areas best for picnicking (I don’t see a lot of people kicking or throwing around although it is not prohibited.)
- dog friendly (There is a gated area to protect the wildlife around half of the pond.)
- bird conservation area = contains more birds than I have seen anywhere in London including; swans, ducks, herrings, geese, pigeons etc. They also have large placards throughout the park that tell you about the different species. You will often see professional photographers and bird watchers. Please pay attention to the feeding instructions found throughout.
- large pond area = only for the wildlife!
- kids playground
- Cafe with sandwiches, ice cream, chips and snacks.
- ping pong tables
- Tennis for free in the parks = The best thing since sliced bread! Pay around £23/year to play tennis in Kelsey and surrounding parks. Kelsey Park has two tennis courts that you can reserve through this link https://www.theparklangleyclub.co.uk
- map of Kelsey Park in Beckenham https://www.fokp.org.uk/park_information/park_layout.html
Beckenham Place Park in Beckenham
Beckenham Place Park has a bit of everything for everyone and is quickly becoming the cornerstone of #becklife.
- parking inside the park! Also parking can be found on the streets surrounding the park, however be mindful that not all streets allow visitor parking.
- wide open fields for recreational sports
- swimming pond with safety fence around
- kids play area
- nature and bike trails = bluebells are beautiful in April/May
- dog friendly
- The Mansion = Where do you begin with this eclectic blend of fun? The Mansion hosts wonderful events including pop up houseplant markets, farmers’ markets and vintage markets. Follow them on instagram @beckenhamplace to get the latest updates on what is going on. They also have an event called #peckish that is truly an amazing communal affair. Peckish is during the warmer months typically May-Septemberish from 4-9pm on Thursdays and some Fridays. At this event they have live music including jazz, reggae and funk plus food trucks serving up freshly made treats like fish & chips, gourmet burgers and dogs, crepes and boa buns. They also have their bar open which includes at least one beer on draft and a selection of wines, Prosecco and canned craft beers. The bar also has a wonderful selection of non-alcoholic sparkling drinks and juices. If you can’t make an event the mansion is open most days for light fare including sandwiches, coffees, cakes and ice cream. On the weekends they serve brunch and offer seating inside or outside. If you are into yoga and wellness, you can find lots of classes to attend at the mansion. https://www.beckenhamplace.org
- The Stables = Got a craving for wood fired pizza? The stables is located close to the children’s playground and swimming pond. They offer wood fired pizza, burgers and sandwiches along with coffee, tea, non-alcoholic beverages, cakes, ice cream and impressive draft and canned beer selection. They have lots of picnic tables scattered about or you can dine on a blanket in the grass. It is open most days.
- Outdoor group fitness classes and personal training. We highly recommend two companies but there are many more! @beckfit_fitness https://www.beckfitfitness.com @miraclefitnessbootcamps http://www.miraclefitness.co.uk
- map of Beckenham Place Park in Beckenham https://beckenhamplacepark.co.uk
Beckenham has a lot to offer other than our parks but the parks sure make #becklife much sweeter!!